Pages

Tuesday 3 November 2015

Sports Day(;



Children running around, boys playing touch and parents yelling to encourage their teams.


 Firstly, last Friday afternoon we had a church sports day. My family and I went altogether in a my mums Nissan Murano. It was held at the Papatoetoe High school gym located some kilometres from where I live. We finally arrived and felt excited. I sauntered towards the gym and saw plenty of equipment to play with. At our sports day we were divided into four equal teams that had to represent a country such as New Zealand, Australia, Israel and Samoa. I was placed into the New Zealand team. It started at 5 o'clock. The four teams were stretching and warming so no one would feel sore.


Finally it was time to begin. All the children started racing and playing games and sports such as Modified touch, indoor soccer, netball, basketball and Volleyball. It had been five minutes already and some people were injured so they had to rest on the sideline. I played with my friends and chose modified touch to play. Samoa and New Zealand were in the finals for Men’s volleyball. There were ten seconds on the clock so the setter set the ball to the middle and spikes over the net and was still in the court so New Zealand won in time and we won a big Shield.

It was coming to the end of the sports day. All of the four teams had to clean up the gym and later on they head on home for a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment