Pages

Wednesday 10 September 2014

Government announces 5 new Marine Reserves

Summary

The government had opened 5 marine reserves. The marine reserve is on the West coast of the South Island. The reserve will protect a range of marine ecosystems. The 5 reserves have already been named Kahurangi, Punakaiki, Waiau Glacier Coast, Tau Parihaka and also Hautai. The reserves were made to protect our wild animals like the blue penguins.

Opinion
I think that the Government did a good job in deciding to make 5 new marine reserves.

6 comments:

  1. Talofa Lava Simon I really like your post about the 5 new marines. I think the government did a very good job too. When did the government open up the 5 marines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mika I do not know when the marine opened but you could ask someone else that did the same post.

      Delete
  2. Hi Simon, I think you have a great blog about the marines. I think this is great for the marine life too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Destiny. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  3. Ok Simon I am going to ask someone that knows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malo Mika, Thanks for the comment.

      Delete